1.4.07

Planet Earth and Oprah

Oprah has been doing some really great shows lately. I admit, I love her! So I was blown away by the story of this ant. The ant is near death. Spores from a parasitic fungus have infiltrated its body and mind…driving it insane. As cameras roll, a parasite begins to grow from the insect's head. After three weeks, deadly spores will burst from the alien growth. "That was a sequence that I'm probably most proud of," Huw says.When sick ants like this one are discovered in a colony, worker ants carry them far away and leave them to die. If they don't, thousands could suffer the same fate. Huw says he saw whole colonies destroyed by this fungus.


By the way, I have met Oprah! Just kidding! It's a wax figure. Joe and I went to Las Vegas two years ago and visited Madame Tussaud's wax museum. We had the best time!http://www.mtvegas.com/experience.asp

5 comments:

Alexander said...

I have to be honest, I believed you were really talking with Oprah. I love the cute pictures of Ethan. You are a great mommy.

Jamielynn said...

Hey ash..sorry I have not emailed you earlier...I see you already figured out how to do a song...I didnt go to a sight to get a song..I just clicked on my friends radio, and it let me do my own. Love the picture with opera!!! You are beautiful!!!

OurHappyFamily said...

Hey girl! I love oprah too. Infact I totally believed you at first. That is a great pic. You look wonderful and have one handsome little boy. Ethan and Eden need to meet :) Their names sure sound cute together! Have a great day.

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

jamie, yah i stole your radio off your site because i loved the idea so much!

hillary, ethan and eden would be such a cute couple! let's schedule a blind date for them... :)

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I love that series! It really is so great. I am amazed every time I sit down to watch it. We loved last weeks, about the polar bears. Ray and I feel like kids. We are constantly going "What the heck" or "I had no idea".

Love, AImee