14.11.13

The Post-It


Dear Ethan,

You really surprised me today. You pulled out this little post-it note all folded up from your back pack. You told me it was a "behavior agreement" for your 1st grade teacher Mrs. Burke. I was immediately curious as to what the chart meant! Then you explained to me that you had been keeping this chart daily since the start of school. You had been drawing different faces to show the mood that Mrs. Burke was in that day. 

Oh buddy! This tells me so much about you! I already know that you are likeable and kind. But this little chart tells me that you are sensitive to the environment around you. It shows me that you are watching the world. Rather than just reacting to the bad moods and ill intentions of others, you are able to step back and see the big picture.

With this gift, you will be able to be a success in so many outlets of your life. You will be the mediator, the calm center that people will turn to for guidance. You will be an awesome husband and father. 

You're probably thinking, how could you know all of this from a sticky-note. Sometimes even the smallest of acts can tell people a lot about our character. Love you big boy!

(PS: please excuse any typos, I wrote this on my phone)

No comments: