13.2.14

My heart feels warm

Tonight Ethan, Ivy, and I were at the dinner table. Ethan was wondering if spirits are real, and are they ghosts. I told him that there are spirits and they look just like us, but we can't see them because they are in another place. I told him about how we when we were in heaven, we knew a lot of the people who would be good spirits and would come and help us when we needed it here on this earth. We talked about some of our relatives who have died, and how we will get to see them again when we pass from this life. He agreed that the day we get to see our relatives again will be a great day! And then I talked about Jesus. I poured out my heart to him about how much joy we will feel when we get to see Him again, and give Him a big hug. All of a sudden I saw Ethan put his head in his hands and things went silent. I went over to him and hugged him and asked him if he was okay. Through his quiet sob he said, "My heart just feels really warm." We waited in the quiet for another minute and soaked in the moment. This was a proud mommy moment because I see that his testimony is becoming his own. 

No comments: