26.12.13

Christmas 2013

This Christmas season was full of new friends and traditions! I knew, living in Aliso Viejo, that it would be different. Everywhere you go, Christmas takes on a different face, but the meaning never changes.

This year we went to Ethan's class and decorated gingerbread houses! We used a milk carton cut in half and stuck things all over it. I love spending quality time with my boy!

We went to the Newport Beach Christmas ligh boat parade. We never expected to see such amazing displays floating on water. One boat in particular was decorated with fun party lights and they had a guy on a hydro jet pack shooting out the front of the boat. Amazing! Some people invited us to join them on their boat and watch the parade from there. They gave us cookies and a warm place to sit! There are so many good people in this world.
This is our 'Sunday before church' picture. It was a fantastic Sunday centered on Christ.

We don't have a lot of room in our little So Cal town house, so we decided to get a cute little tiny tree to fit in the living room. It turned out to be perfect! I've learned that children have NO expectations as to what Christmas has to be. Any little detail that I add as a parent is just a BONUS. I think I put those expectations on myself. I think Christmas has to be 'just-so' in order to be perfect. That's NOT SO! We had such a fun Christmas this year without piles and piles of presents. The kids were so happy!!

We spent Christmas Eve with some families from our ward. None of them have immediate family in town (like us) so we all came together around some yummy food and laughed and talked and sang Christmas carols. It definitely went away from some of our other traditions but that's what made it fun! 

We came home from that party and the children opened up their Christmas pajamas and slippers and we got all nestled in bed before Santa came!

It was a great season. Xoxo!

Ashley

(PS please excuse any typos, I wrote this from my phone)

No comments: