4.12.08

Ethan turns two!

Yes I've got a two year old on my hands. It's seems the day he turned two, I started noticing that two year old mentality come out! Picky eater, fits, loves to say 'no', doesn't like naps...so lets celebrate this new stage of life shall we?

This was one of the funnest parties I've been to in a long time! It required all of us to become two years old again, because Mommy (me) made sure that we did all of Ethan's favorite activities!

Agenda:
-play with clay
-snacks
-bubbles
-open presents
-cake time
-dance party!!!

Ethan turns into a crazy nut when we we blow bubbles! Angie made a comment about eating the bubbles, so Ethan started crawling all over the grass in search tasty bubble treats!
We did the HOKEY POKEY! I purchased a cd from the party store with all kinds of fun party songs, Ethan ran around in circles while all of the rest of us made fools of ourselfs doing the hokey pokey and the chicken dance! It reminded me of those fun days at Skateland!

That's what it's all about...yeehaw!

10 comments:

Shannon Allen said...

What a great party! You are such a fun mom! Happy Birthday Ethan! It was so good to see you at Jordan's homecoming and I hear ya on a lot of Ethan's two terribles! But I guess that's what it's all about! Yeehaw!

Jonathan and Susan said...

What a cutie pie! Having a 2 year old is so much fun, most of the time. You have such a beautiful family. You are such a talented girl! I luff all your designs!!

Brooke and Brian said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! =) Thanks for hanging out with us last night. I am excited for zoo lights...

Coby & Jill said...

Yeah!!! Someone else who is going through with what I have been going through. I can't believe our little boys are growing up. Where did time go?
Luckily, Ben still takes his naps-- that's the only time I can do dishes in peace and without him beside me making a complete (but cute) mess.
The fits--- gotta love those. There's one a day usually. Something minor to set it off. I read that they just have tons of new emotions that they can't sort out or fully communicate, so they throw fits. I just let him do his thing and walk away. When he's done, he comes and finds me and is ready to snuggle. It's so weird and so frustrating sometimes--especially when he arches his back trying to buckle him in the car seat.
Well, I hope all goes well. I can't wait to see y'all!! Hopefully you'll be arriving soon!
We miss the AZ Hunts!!

Smith Family said...

Looks like a fun party!! Bubbles are the best, but I think that my favorite part was the dance party! I can't wait for Felicity to hit those 2's- we are just counting down the days! :)

Josh and Michele said...

Holy Cow! Ethan is 2. Looks like he had a great party. I just can't beleive he is growing up so fast. Mmmmm you just might need another baby...soon!

The Adamsons said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!! Wow, I can't believe you have a 2 yr old either. Time flies doesn't it? His hair is totally adorable, too. By the way, your family pic up top is gorgeous. Love, love, love your blog!

Larsens said...

no he is not 2!!! i really dont believe that! where has time gone. happy birthday! he is so dang adorable. sorry he growing up so fast ashley.... we miss you guys!

BriAnne said...

So fun! You are such a great mom!! We are going private on our blog, so don't forget to leave your email address for me so I can invite you! :) Merry Christmas!

mattnbeth said...

he is such a cutie. I cant believe hes already 2!