29.10.13

Debbie

In an earlier blog post, I talked about "Didgi and Dodgy" who were Ethan's imaginary friends when he was 2 and 3 years old. Now I want to tell about Ivy's little imaginary friend. Her name is Debbie. I think she came up with that name from hearing me talk to a lady named Debbie on the phone who used to be my visiting teaching companion. Anywho, she calls her Debbie. Debbie has pink hair and she's a little older than Ivy. Debbie is also very mischievous. Sometimes when Ivy is caught doing something naughty, she tells us that Debbie was the one who did it, or that Debbie told her to do it! But Debbie is a good friend too. Ivy calls her on the phone often. They talk about Terrence and Eugene and plan parties and what not. 

I LOVE that my kids have had imaginary friends. I encourage it. I love to talk with them about it. It expands their imaginations when they create scenarios in their mind.

No comments: