15.9.10

I Remember...

What an event it was to visit the September 11th Memorial at Tempe Town Lakes this past Saturday. I got choked up as we walked over the hill and took in the patriotic site. Each flag represented a fallen citizen from that day. And further symbolism hit me as I noticed that each flag waved individually from the other, just as each person who gave their life that day had a unique story to tell. Joe sat down with Ethan and recounted the events from that day. Planes flew over us every minute or so. Taps was played a couple of times each hour. And the tears just kept streaming down my face. (I'm so glad I wore those sunglasses to cover the evidence.) The world has seemed to go back to it's 'I don't care about anything' mentality. BUT for this moment I was able to stop, and hit the rewind button, and remember...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Seeing this picture makes me wish so bad that I had taken the time to go. I definitely will go next year! What an important thing to share with Ethan - especially when he is so good at saying the pledge.
Love you!