25.8.09

Car Bed Magic and Musical Chairs!!!


Ethan's almost three years old and we've have had him in a crib since he was a baby. Being the careful boy that he is, he's never once tried to crawl out so I figured it was best to keep him behind bars as long as he would stay there! With the baby sister coming end of November/beginning of December, I knew some changes needed to happen with Ethan's sleeping habits. So I started looking for a new 'fart sack' for Ethan (as Daddy calls it).


I happened upon this Little Tikes car bed on craigslist. Gently used, complete with Cars Movie bedding, and matress for $65. What a steal it has turned out to be! Ethan tells anyone who will listen about his cool car bed. Not only does he sleep in it, but he also uses it as a trampoline/jungle gym. It has proven to be a hit!


On a side note, we've been playing musical chairs with the rooms in our house these past few weeks. All rooms/closets have been gutted. We sold a couch, treadmill, and dining room set on craiglist (what a gem). So now the baby will be in Ethan's room, Ethan is in the office, the office is in the dining room, and the dining room is obsolete since we NEVER used it anyway! So with the extra money we have from selling things, we are finally going to fix our golf ball hole masacred windows. Yay! I have to give a shout out to my mommy for coming over yestderday and spending 5 hours with me decluttering and organizing. She's such a trooper.


In other news, Barbie escaped this evening for a few hours to romp the neighborhood/golfcourse. I came home to our front door ajar and we drove the streets yelling her name and whistling. Ethan had fun 'pretent whistling' to try and help. We were sad to come home dogless. Then I parked my chair in the front yard for a few minutes and out of the corner of my eye I saw her mosying up the sidewalk. She'd been doing who knows what on the golf course for a few hours. She came home looking a little roughed up and was missing her collar. It was a happy reunion! I missed her more than I thought I would if something like that happened. She's very tired now. If it weren't for her breathing, I'd think she was dead.


I woke up this morning feeling like 'All is good" and I think that's how the day will end. :)

8 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

K! Now on to the baby's name!!! What is is going to be!???

tammy said...

Cute bed! How fun for him. Can't wait to ask him about it.

I'm glad your dog came back, too. That would've been sad.

BriAnne said...

Wow what a steal! I bet he just loves it!! I'm do glad your dog is safe! :)

Mama's Makin's said...

fun pictures. Glad your dog is home, so that he isn't out pooping on my yard! :) lol.

Good for you all the changes in your house . And LUCKY for you for having a mom close by! :)

Shannon Allen said...

What a lucky kid! A Cars bed is every boys dream! How nice to get your home all in order. I've got the declutter/ clean out bug myself!

Clenece said...

I love the bed!! What a great find!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Your a blogger too! How exciting! Thanks for the invite and Im excited to keep up with you guys on here! Come sub in nursery anytime, it was so fun to get to know you!

Cameron said...

Hi thanks for postinng this