5.8.08



Sheesh! There’s so many things I could blog about right now, and they always pop in my head at the most inopportune times, and then I don’t blog at all, because I can’t think of anything. But just sitting here typing feels so great, that I’m sure I’ll come up with something!



One thing I have learned is that whenever I’m around anyone who is remotely famous, I get the urge to go say hi and have a picture taken. I tried out for Arizona Idol this year (I’m to chicken to do the REAL one) and so anyway, Corey from FOX 10 news, the weather man, was hovering around my little group of people and I just had to say hi and strike up some cheesy conversation with him like, “so do you like your job?” Wow! Is that the most creative question I could come up with? I mean come on! Why couldn’t I have said, “So where are you from?” or something more personal? So he gave me some generic answer and started talking to the lady next to me who had more creative questions than I did.



Then we went and saw the play 1856 again this year and I just am in awe of Joseph Paur who's most famously known for the part he played in the movie Rigoletto! This man is SO talented and every note that comes out of him is genius! So I got to meet him last time I saw the play too and I couldn’t think of anything to say except, “You sing so well!” Wow, apparently I’m good at stating the obvious. Anyway, he is sort of a shy person to start with so it was awkward to say the least. So this year was going to be different, I had planned out in my head that I was going ask him where he studied music, but NO I said the same dumb thing I said last year followed by, “ You really should make a CD.” OH MY!! He just laughed and then we took yet another awkward photo.
During Ethan’s waking hours he runs all around the house, singing, dancing, playing, throwing, hitting, kicking, hugging, and jumping. During MY waking hours I sit in front of this computer screen, and clean here and there, but mostly my body wants me to just sit. I went to the gym two weeks ago for the first time in a WHILE and by the end of it all my body was SCREAMING at me! I’m getting wrinkles, and all that wonderful time in the sun, charring my skin while I was in high school is definitely catching up to me! It’s a little bit scary, I have to say! BUT thank goodness there are products on the market today that promise youth; a little poke here, a little Botox there, and you’re good. It’s makes me think though, if I had the energy Ethan had, and the mental capacity that I have, who knows what things I would be accomplishing up until now!
I have hoped for this stage in Ethan’s life ever since he was born. I have just wanted to be able to talk with him, not just to him! He’s finally starting to put 2 to 3 word phrases together and say things like “Barbie Go Potty!” and “My Turn” and “I Love you daddy” and my most favorite word of his, this is so cute, Instead of saying Marshmallow, he says Pompillow, and Joe and I think it’s so cute, we’ve been starting to call it that too. So hopefully he never learns it the right way!




Anyway, those are my thoughts for now, and I’m ready to be a better blogger. I found this quote and I think it fits perfectly with my theme for today:

12 comments:

Dane and Natalie said...

Okay, Miss Ashley. I haven't talked to you for what...5 years (that's so pathetic). You have been quite the busy girl!!! Your blog is amazing, of course! I have to tell you...I just started my blog on Sunday and I had a friend come over to show me how to do it. She was the one who showed me your website! She said it was the easiest by far and all the cutest things are on there and a lot of the girls in our ward are using it! It wasn't until she went home and I was updating things later that I realized it was yours! I don't know why I didn't clue in at the time but you bet I am totally bragging about you up here!

Your family is absolutely darling! I am so excited to get reacquainted with everyone through blogging. I don't know why it takes so long for me to jump on the band wagon sometimes. Better late than never, I guess!!! Love you guys! Talk to ya soon!

BriAnne said...

Yay! I'm so happy to see your update! You must just be crazy busy, but I'm so glad to see the new post! That is hilarious about your silly questions...don't worry, I'm sure I would have done the same thing! You look great, too, by the way! Love ya, girl!

BriAnne said...

Okay and I just looked at some of your new backgrounds and I saw the Breaking Dawn one...love it! I just finished that book last night and I could cry that it is over! I seriously might just have to read it again soon! Anyway, love it!

Josh and Michele said...

You go Girly! Always love checking in with you guys. Lov'n this post!

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

You are too cute, Ashley! It's so fun to stop in and see what you're up to :) Looks like all is well and you're still doing big things! What a beautiful little boy.

tammy said...

You are so funny! I never think of the perfect thing to say until much later, either.

And yeah, sometimes I post things on my blog all day long, and then other days I can't think of a thing and think, "Guess I'm done blogging."

I'm glad you're so talented with the backgrounds, and that you like to waste time if front of the computer like the rest of us.

Brooke and Brian said...

Hey Ash, it's been a while! =) So Arizona Idol huh...I can see you up there, singing your lungs out!

The Adamsons said...

of course when you start talking about high school, i think of our p.e. class and years of choir. good times!

Larsens said...

i love that i am part of the GFI girls catagory. i used one of your free backgrounds and i am loving ya. i miss you girls... cant wait to get together again!!!

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I love you ash! I know the feeling of watching your child buzz around about you, while all you want to do is push his dilicious little "off" switch for a moment. Then you could rest, and then get up and play with him. I loved your pics in that post!!

Smith Family said...

Your blog always looks so cute- you have the best ideas! I don't think that i have told you how talented I think you are for your blog layouts! Way to go!!

brentanderrin said...

i see your blog backgrounds everywhere!!! seriously everywhere... good job!!! you are so talented!!!

you have to go to my blog and vote for jones... we are trying to win a jones soda label with his picture on it... tell everyone to vote!

thanks so much!!!