6.6.07

Weening and Wailing!

The Devil:

Okay, I realized that if I didn't wean Ethan from his binky at seven months, then it would just get harder and harder to do it as he gets older. I mean, they write childrens books about this subject! So two nights ago I felt so ready to just do it. I learned from a friend to literally just let them cry anywhere from 5 to 40 minutes and they'll fall asleep on their own. Ethan screamed for what seemed like an hour (but it was only 15 minutes) and then he fell asleep. I was almost in tears myself, but I knew I had to do it! Since then, he's really done great falling asleep without his binky! SUCCESS!
These two are so happy when they're together! Ethan literally breaths harder and starts screaming when Barbie paces around.
This little play was so fun! Kali, my neice LOVES princesses! There's a part in the show we're the prince wants to marry another girl (who's not so nice) and Kali yelled , "Don't marry her! Arabelle's prettier!" I was so like that when I was little so I can relate! :)

7 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

Noah never took a bink! But oh how I wished he would on those noisy days at church! They can be a good, and bad thing, I think!!

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Ya I feel the same way, I don't know how I would've gone without it in those first months. That's the only reason why he slept through the night at 10 weeks...

mattnbeth said...

congrats on the passie accomplishment. ive heard thats hard! you look cute in the pic.

Allie said...

Ash congrats! I wish Nash took a pacifier but I guess I should be grateful I don't have to wean him off it later on. Way to be strong and let him cry it out!

blythe said...

Cute pics of you and your sisters and mom. Ethan is getting so big!

OurHappyFamily said...

Good for you with the pacifier! Eden never took one so I guess no weaning for me to worry about. . . thank goodness!!! Way cute pic at the play. You look darling! I LOVE Little Mermaid. It is my favorite disney movie of all time. . . go ahead and laugh it's ok!!!

the waites said...

Hello nerd I was at Christians farewell and wanted to say Hi but you escaped early, I cried like a baby when he spoke it was so good. Anyways I leave tomorrow but when I come down next we should do a lunch with all the girls and there bebes