15.5.07

Series finale: I wasn't prepared!

Yep! That's that. No more Gilmores, no more Stars Hollow. After seven seasons of many ups and downs, I'm sad that the show has come to an end. There will be (sniff) things I'll miss about the show:
Lorelai's parents Richard and Emily never failed to get to the emotional heart of a situation. Thanks to them, the senior Gilmores were often the best thing about the show. I'll sure miss the Friday night dinners! Many fights broke out during these! Luckily, Lorelai and her parents mended their relationship by the end.
Goodbye to Sookie! She was such a great friend and cook! Also a baby machine!

Say goodbye to our good friend Lane! Lane was always an excellent (and much-needed) reality check for Rory. She and the twins are doing well.
No more Luke's diner! Many a doughnut were shared there.
Say goodbye to Rory and Logan. She said she wouldn't marry him! She's off to work as a reporter! (I liked Dean better anyway!)
Bye Luke and Lorelia! Anyone who saw her sing that drunken karaoke version of I Will Always Love You to Luke knows that this their love is the real thing. There wasn't a dry eye in my house during that scene. They kissed in the finale so at least we know they'll love happily ever after!
No more Stars Hollow, where I've seriously wanted to move to. Ask Joe! I love Stars Hollow!
I'm gonna miss the whole town! Wow. So long, Gilmore Girls. Thanks for everything.

7 comments:

Aimee's Family Journal said...

I can't count how many times I have been surfing, and stopped on Gilmore Girls. Watched the whole thing. And teared up during a random episode! Lane was my favorite. Going back to the 2nd season, I think when she dyed her hair... and then knew her mom would freak... so she died it back! Anyway, we'll have reruns for years!

mattnbeth said...

i never really watched the show but it seems like it was a good one! :)

Allie said...

K, I am so sad this show ended! I loved it. I know its extremely girly so I couldn't blame Matt for hating it so badly but I didn't care, I am a fan.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry but i have to make a correction...i was in the house and my eyes were 100% completley dry...sorry babe, i just can't sacrifice my manly image for gilmore girls :-)

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

Aimee, yes, I loved Lane too! She was so great! Allie, I'm glad you love the show, despite the fact that it's so girly! Joe's right, I was the only one crying, but my eyes were so wet that things were skewed a little bit.

the waites said...

Ashley dont get jealous but I saw Gilmore girls get filmed and met the cast.I have to say Rory wasnt the nicest, needless to say It was a lot of fun.I put a pic in your guest book and said cutest family ever and I meant your family but it looks like Im saying it about me(Ha ha)Your boy is darling!

ps tell Shan to get a blog

Anonymous said...

Asking questions are in fact nice thing if you are not understanding anything totally,
but this paragraph gives good understanding even.
http://capegrassbird.offersbookmarks.com/user/profile/genevievem/
Also visit my web blog - carshow